General Information on Obtaining Visas of the Republic of Belarus
All visa applicants are to submit to the Embassy the following documents:
- The form must be filled in completely, no blank spaces should be left.
- Answers to the questions of the visa application form and attachment to it must be complete and logically consistent and indicate the real purpose of the trip.
- If a question does not apply, please type “N/A”.
- If the answer is no, write “none”.
- The visa application form is signed by the foreign citizen personally.
- The visa application form for a minor is signed by his or her legal representative.
- Please, fill in the form in block letters.
- Incomplete forms will be returned to the applicants unprossesed.
2. One photo
The photograph must meet certain requirements specified in the international standard ISO / IEC 19794-5:
- Size 35x45 mm.
- Full face, against an even light background.
- High resolution, no corrugation or ink allowed.
- 70 — 80 percent of the picture placed vertically.
- 6 months-older photos not accepted.
3. Pasport or a foreign travel document (and a copy):
Pasport or a foreign travel document, submitted by the foreign citizen, must:
- Contain a photograph of the owner. In case minors accompanying the foreigner are included into the entry visa, the foreign travel document should contain photographs of those persons;
- Have at least two blank pages intended for visas;
- The document shall be valid as long as at least 90 days after the expected date of departure of a foreign citizen from the Republic of Belarus.
A foreign travel document, submitted by the foreign citizen, must not:
- Be dubious in terms of authenticity or ownership
- Contain marks, entries, erasures and corrections that are not certified by the competent authorities of the respective foreign state. There must be no torn pages either.
4. Visa support documents, depending on visa type:
5. Medical insurance policy. Click for details.
6. Consular fee. Click for details about fees.
At the request of the consular officer additional documents required for issuance of an entry visa
PLEASE NOTE: VISA CAN NOT BE ISSUED ON THE DAY OF SUBMISSION
A consular officer makes a decision about granting an entry visa on the basis of the documents submitted, the results of an interview within 5 working days from the date of application (as a matter of urgency — within 2 working days), which is final.
A consular officer may reduce the number of entries granted by the visa and the validity of the visa.
Please note that visas cannot be changed, extended or transferred. If your travel plans changed after the visa has been issued you have to reapply for a new visa on the general grounds.
A consular officer is not obliged to indicate the reasons for visa denial. THE VISA DECISION CAN NOT BE APPEALED
In the event of visa denial the consular fee is not reimbursed.
Important: Upon the arrival to Belarus, you need to register at the local citizenship and migration office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus within 5 business days.
To extend the term of stay of a foreign citizen on the territory of the Republic of Belarus or if your visa to Belarus is up to 90 days but you intend to stay longer, please contact the Citizenship and Migration Department at the place of registration of a foreign citizen to obtain:
- An exit visa.
- A sojourn permit and, if necessary, an exit-entry visa in addition to it.